Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Favorite Things

 

When I saw this stamp in my local scrapbooking store “The Scrap Yard”, I knew immediately that I had to have it. Not just because it is part of the lyrics to a favorite song (“My Favorite Things” from the 1959 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The Sound of Music), or because the production is one of my all-time favorites, it’s because everyone knows that brown paper packages tied up with string are wonderful to give and to receive.

For me the excitement is as close to receiving that little blue box from Tiffany’s. As a child I remember my grandma going out for her daily messages with her big carry basket and coming home with the preparations for the evening meal in brown paper packages tied with string. The meat and cheese from the butcher shop and the fresh rolls from the bakers all tied up in brown kraft paper. When she would bring me a small gift it was always wrapped in this same manner and I was always so excited to see what was inside the wrapping.

In honor of this very fond memory I decided to create this journal using the stamp as my theme. I seem to be on a journal kick right now but I think I’ll pass this one along to someone who would enjoy writing about their favorite things.

No comments: