Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Bucket List

  “Get busy living or get busy dying”….

As I approach another birthday I look back on my bucket list that I created when I turned 50 and can successfully cross off a few items . Creating my bucket list was one of the best ways to make sure that I could use my time and resources in order to accomplish and experience what I really want out of life.

My list is scrawled on a piece of paper torn from an old notebook and I add to it on occasion. I don’t look at it regularly but I do know what is on it and I don’t stress about fulfilling everything on it. These are just a few of the things that I want to accomplish in my next 50 years…… and are in no particular order……

The Eiffel Tower
Have a scrapbooking layout published
Play more golf
See Meagan and Craig graduate from university
Become a Grandma
Watch my children get married
Create a website for my business
Make 1 quilt a year
Do something nice for a stranger
Become a member of a design team
The Grand Canyon
Weekend in New York
Learn to play the piano
Stonehenge
Participate in a flash mob
Broadway performance in a London Theatre
The Louvre, Paris
The Leaning Tower of Pisa
Island hoping in Greece
Take up photography
Take a cruise
Watch every movie that has won an Academy Award for Best Picture
Learn not to take what others do or say personally
Own a VW “Bug”
Make a difference in at least one person’s life
Volunteer to serve dinner at a homeless shelter
Be a great wife, mother, daughter, sister & friend
Write a children’s book
To be an extra in a film
Shop at Harrods
Own a beach house
High Tea at Fortnum & Mason in London
Start a blog
Write a letter to each of my children telling them what I want them to know about my life and the lessons I’ve learned
Cherish every single moment of every single day

Take the time to create your own bucket list and remember to live each day as if it was your last…. After all….. “The journey is the destination”.

‘Til next time…. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

I think you missed crossing off at least one more thing on your list...make a difference in at least one person’s life!

Jen said...

How about adding - hold a koala or visit Australia to your list? haha. I'd love to see you!! Miss you my friend!