Thursday, January 6, 2011

GO conFIGURE!














For the past month I have been eyeing the new Tim Holtz Configurations boxes in my local scrapbooking store, wondering what could I do with these.... and I finally purchased one, gathered all of my mini trinkets together and decided how to configure the mini shadow boxes.  For any of you that are interested in making one of these treasures; here is a brief description of what I did:
Measure, cut and glue paper to outside edges of the box window frame.
Wrap tissue tape around edges of window frame.
Move around and configure boxes as desired.
Wrap tissue tape around the mini boxes to secure them together.
Trim paper to fit inside boxes and adhere.
Punch a hole in top of cover and screw in knob.
Arrange all of your mini trinkets inside the various boxes (this is the fun part).
Place cover on box and cover any exposed edges using tissue tape.
I added a rub-on to the front of my acetate just for effect.

 
I filled my boxes with a few of my favorite things and my favorite memories:  dance, Christmas, photography, sewing, #7, travel, reading, time flies, life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I submitted this project for Getting Cricky's Challenge.
Always remember...... a good snapshot stops a moment from running away.
Til next time, Enjoy!


4 comments:

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

Wonderful Valery! What a great way to keep all those trinkets together in a way that means something to you!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely ASTONISHING! I can't get over how AMAZING this is! WOW! You have me speechless! BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you for playing Getting Cricky with Tim Holtz challenge-you rocked it!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Valery - I found you through the Tim Holtz challenge at Getting Cricky (which I also discovered today). Your Configurations box is gorgeous and oh-so-inspiring. I've just ordered my first C boxes and can't wait to get my hands on them.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with the challenge!

Cheers,
Susan

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous project! TFS!