Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Once Upon a Springtime


Spring has sprung.... or so it seems.... as the sun has finally peaked its head and the snow has melted.  I can finally see some green in my yard.  The rain over the last few days has helped my newly seeded yard to grow and the puddles it has left on the roadway has inspired me to put on my funky new rainboots that I purchased on my weekend trip to Great Falls, Montana and splash through the water like a small child.....  I have always had a fetish for rain boots and have a difficult time finding them in my small size so when I saw this pair in the kids shoe department, they had my name written all over them.


My favorite thing about Spring are all the colors.... everywhere new colors emerge but especially in scrapbooking, so..... in keeping with my "Spring" theme I decided to create my weekly "Let's Scrap" layout with Graphic 45's new Spring paper line "Once Upon a Springtime Collection".  I just love this line as it has a vintage feel to it.


Last weekend was Mother's Day and I got to spend it with my family by taking a trip to have brunch in the mountains at Nakoda Lodge.  I hope all of you got to spend a memorable day with your loved ones and that you captured those memories on film..... Just love this one that I captured of my son!

I'm also excited to tell you that I have two birthday cards being published in the May 15th issue of Scrapbook News & Reviews
Til next time... Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

It is wonderful to finally feel that winter is over. Love the boots!You had better get a picture of yourself splashing in a puddle. Congratulations on getting 2 cards published Valery!