Monday, August 15, 2011

Day Dreamer Canvas

I spotted these 12x12 canvas packs in my local craft store on sale for $4... how could I resist such a bargain! I wanted to make a small gift for my sister-in-law who is moving into her new townhouse so I thought I would make her some art of her granddaughter.
I started with a blank 12x12 canvas and painted it brown. Had to do three coats to get a nice even coverage.
Then I used the small 6x6 Mini Bricks template by Crafter's workshop and some Golden Gel Medium Molding Paste to create this 3d brick pattern on my canvas. I then brushed some Ranger Perfect Medium over top of the bricks and brushed a thin layer of white perfect pearls overtop to give the bricks a shiny finish.
I loved these photos of my great-niece so decided to work with them. I painted the plain wooden letters pink.
Now my favorite part.... decorating the canvas! And here is the finished product, along with a few close-ups.

No comments: