Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kaisercraft Mini Storage Drawers


Lately I've been addicted to crafting with wood and Kaisercraft have some amazing projects that use wood.... and I've purchased a few of them.  This is, by far, the most adorable little cabinet I've seen.  Use to it hold all your bits & bobs.  It was so much fun to decorate and I completed it in a day.


Assemble the wooden frame using the tab/slot construction and a little wood glue to hold it in place permanently.
I spray painted mine Espresso Brown and it only needed one coat.
Next, I constructed the heavy-duty chipboard boxes using glue and some painters tape to hold them in place for an hour until they were completely dry.
I then made a template for the exterior of the boxes and cut out 9 pieces of patterned paper.
I used Scor-Tape to adhere the paper to the boxes and a little Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap distress ink around the edges.

I measured and cut 3 pieces of coordinating patterned paper for the top and sides adhering them with Scor-Tape and then painting a thin coat of Golden Gel Medium (Matte finish) to protect them.  
Here are a few pics of the top, sides and finished product.  I love this set of storage drawers and have ordered another set to complete in the near future... the possibilities are endless!

 The little label pulls are from Tim Holtz Ideology and I used pearls in place of the brads to create a more feminine look.





1 comment:

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

Love that! looks like lots of fun...where are you getting them?