Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hard Rock T-Shirt Quilt

For those of you that know me, you know that my first crafting love is sewing.  I have been sewing since I was 12 years old and started quilting about 15 years ago.
I make this simple "Hard Rock T-Shirt" quilt for my brother for Christmas.  This is my second Hard Rock quilt as I made one for my daughter a few years back.
They had both been collecting Hard Rock T-shirts from all over the world and when they became too small for them to wear, I wanted them to have them as keepsakes and what better way than to incorporate them into a quilt.
My daughter has had hers since 2009 and she loves to snuggle underneath it when watching TV.

32 T-shirts, 2 rolls of stabilizer, 1 package of queen size batting, 10 meters of music themed fabric and lots of thread..... and this is what I came up with for my brother's 91"x68" quilt.
 Here is the back side.  I just love this guitar themed fabric and the large all-over free motion quilting pattern.
This really was a very simple quilt to make and I love how it turned out.
 And.... I always make a personalized label for the back of every quilt.  
I added a few of the T-shirt tags onto the quilt as well.
And here is the quilt that I made for Meagan in 2009.
 The back side.
 and.... the label.


2 comments:

Jennifer Evers said...

This is the coolest quilt EVER! I've been collection tshirts from the Hard Rock for about 20 years and I have no idea what to do with all of them (since I don't really wear them anymore). I used to be a sewer, and made a quilt in high school home ec class, but nothing that fancy. I LOVE THIS!!!

Happy Sharefest!

Lyndylou said...

That is so so cool! popped in from SITS :)