Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Peppermint Sugar Scrub


I love the smell of peppermint, it reminds me of Christmas and everything clean and fresh!  I also love soaking in the tub and using body scrub so, after seeing so many recipes on Pinterest to make my own scrub, I decided that I was going to make some as gifts this Christmas.  It was so simple and easy and this is my recipe:

2 C White Sugar
1/2 C Coconut Oil
4 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
1 Drop of Red Food Colouring

I was able to purchase the first two items at the local grocery store and the last two items at Michaels craft store.
Mix the coconut oil, sugar and peppermint oil together in a large bowl.  I filled each glass jar half full with the white scrub mixture.
Add 1 drop of red food colouring to the remaining white scrub mixture to make it pink and then add this to the jars so you have one layer of white and one layer of pink sugar scrub.
You could use any colour of food colouring to create a coloured scrub.

Make sure to fill the jars to the top!
I added a metal snowflake embellishment to the top of the scrub as a cute decoration!
I made two batches of this mixture and it made 10 small jars of scrub.  Make sure to use air tight containers.
Loving the cute handmade tags too!
This really was a quick and fun project and it took me less than an hour to make 10 jars!

2 comments:

daniela said...

Love this idea! Would love to have you link up at Link'n Blogs link party. :)
http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com/2013/12/linkn-blogs-4.html?m=1

xo
Daniela
Put A Bird On It

Unknown said...

These are so cute! I'm wanting to make some for the girls in my family. Pinning this and getting to work on gathering the ingredients today! Came over from the DBB